- Fiber Optic Solutions
- Apex™ X-2 Sealed Splice Closure (AX-2-B-X-0-6-6-B)
The Apex X-2 is a sealed splice closure designed for protecting optical fiber splices in both above- or below-grade applications in a butt configuration. The Apex X-2 is capable of up to 432 single fusion, 864 mass fusion with standard ribbon, or 3456 (200 μm, 1728 max for 250 μm) mass fusion with “rollable ribbon” fiber types such as AFL’s SpiderWeb Ribbon® (SWR®). Cables are sealed by a unique wedge system spaced evenly around the circumference of the closure’s base. Each cable seal is opened by a press-to-release lever and sealing is completed by actuating a single screw for each cable. Each cable is sealed individually, ensuring original craftsmanship when cables may be added at a later date. Up to 6 splice trays are attached and hinge off a central organizer. A plastic slack storage basket resides underneath the trays with ample tie down points for managing tube and fiber slack.
- Designed and tested to the applicable portions of Telcordia GR-771
- Individual cable sealing ports with tool-less release mechanism and gel sealing
- Accommodates up to 6 hinging, lockable splice trays (not included)
- Plastic slack storage basket with segmented basket to separate ribbon and loose tube slack storage
- Six cable ports with six ground lugs
- Capable of up to 16 drop cables with an expressed distribution cable using multi-drop entry kits
- Splice trays with universal splice modules capable of holding single fusion, mass fusion and mechanical splices as well as other devices such as passive optical splitters
- Dome-to-base O-ring seal retained into dome to prevent loss or damage, but is still replaceable if necessary
The Apex closure line is designed to improve usability, decrease installation time, increase network reliability, and increase density of fiber splices, especially when coupled with AFL’s industry-leading high-density MicroCore® cable and Wrapping Tube Cable (WTC) with SpiderWeb Ribbon® (SWR).
Apex™ Fiber Op...The Apex closure line is designed to improve usability, decrea...