SpecSeal SSP Firestop Putty excels at sealing cabling penetrations and outlet boxes. SSP Putty is non-hardening and easily hand works around grouped cabling penetrations forming a re-enterable seal allowing for future work. When applied with outlet boxes, SSP Putty easily works into voids and seams forming a continuous seal against fire and the products of combustion.
Requiring no tools, SpecSeal® SSP Putty is soft and pliable making it easy to install by hand packing into openings. Its aggressive adhesion makes it suitable for use with all common construction materials as well as cable jacketing and pipes.SpecSeal® Putty remains soft and easy to reuse or retrofit.
SpecSeal® Putty has been tested to ASTM E814 (UL1479), CAN/ULC-S115and to UL263 (ASTM E119, NFPA251) and are Certified for up to 2 hours as a Wall OpeningProtective Material for use with both metallic and nonmetallic outlet or switch boxes installed in gypsum wallboard assemblies (steel and wood stud assemblies).
- Non-hardening - easy retrofit
- Endothermic fillers absorb heat & release water
- Highly adhesive formula - stays put, allows movement
- Soft & pliable for easy installation
- No water-soluble expansion ingredients means better water resistance
- Excellent sound attenuation properties
- Reduces noise transmission