- Copper Solutions
- CAT6 28awg Reduced Diameter Patch Cables
Cat6 Reduced Diameter 28awg Patch Cables are the perfect solution for high density data center applications. The use of 28 AWG conductors allows for a 36%reduction in diameter over a standard Cat6 network patch cable. This reduced diameter provides a smaller cable surface area which allows for increased airflow when compared to standard Cat6 cables. The 28 AWG conductors also allow this cable to have a smaller bend radius than standard Cat6 cables. The small size and small bend radius of this cable allows it to be easily routed through cable management panels.
- Cable: Cat6 28 AWG, unshielded, 4-twisted pair, stranded copper
- Cable diameter: .150” Nom O.D.
- Tested to 550MHz.
- High performance modular plug contacts are plated with 50 micro inches of gold plated phosphor bronze plug contacts
- ROHS compliant
- Meets IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at for PoE applications (reference maximum bundle sizes)
Maximum cable length recommendations:
- 96 Meter Channel (90 meters of horizontal cable and up to 6 meters of slim network patch cables)
- 93 Meter Channel (83 meters of horizontal cable and up to 10 meters of slim network patch cables)
- For POE/POE+ applications, limit bundles to 40 cables due to heat dissipation of these reduced diameter cables.